Union City was platted in 1838 and incorporated on December 6, 1853. Incorporation came during a period of growth occasioned by the opening of a line of the Greenville and Miami Railroad through the community on December 12, 1852.
One house in Union City, known as the “Lambert-Parent House”, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.97 square miles (2.51 km2), of which, 0.92 square miles (2.38 km2) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) is water.
- See More Reports ▼