DARKE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Airport Operations Manager
Darke County Airport
The Darke County Commissioners are accepting applications for the position of Airport Operations Manager for the Darke County Airport. Under direction of the Darke County Commissioners, the Airport Operations Manager performs a variety of operational, administrative and maintenance duties; which involve direct labor, monitoring, and evaluation of the developmental, operational, maintenance, safety, and security functions at the Darke County Airport.
• Ability to Plan, organize and supervise operations of the airport; including but not limited to: maintenance of all airport grounds, runway, buildings, equipment and navigational aids
• Ensure compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration directives; ensures airport is in compliance with all regulatory agencies
• Responsible for airport rules, regulations, and all administrative duties
• Sell, dispense, order aviation fuel and maintenance of fuel pumping equipment; maintaining record of fuel sales and purchases for the County
• Oversee hangar rentals
• Conduct inspections of all monitoring systems, recording devices and runway lighting systems (AWOS, PAPI)
• Maintain accurate and acceptable records of all inspections, problems, written correspondence visits by the Federal Aviation Administrations or Ohio Division of Aviation, NOTAMS, complaints and airport activity
• Report and dissemination of information regarding airport activities and facility conditions safety and hazards and information services to the public
• Attend public meetings regarding airport operations
• Participate in pre-construction meetings and responsible for safety during airfield construction
• Operate snow removal equipment, lawn mowers, medium and heavy equipment such as
front- end loaders, runway sweepers, snow blowers, tractors, and medium duty trucks used for snow removal operations.
• Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter; indicating qualifications in detail, a resume, and salary history by US mail to: Darke County Commissioners, Attn: Kelly Hiatt, 520 S Broadway, Greenville, OH 45331 or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Airport Operations Manager” in the subject line. Salary is commensurate with experience. Submissions accepted until the position is filled. Darke County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age sexual orientation, disability, or military/veteran status in employment or provision or services.